Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Thursday, 28 January 2010 - Brunch, argh

I invited my lovely mum over for brunch today (it's currently 1 am, so that counts as today, right?) and it dawned on me about half an hour ago that I have no food whatsoever to offer her. Around here, lunch is a piece of toast or a bowl of cereal (we sleep late, nyah) and then, before you know it, it's dinner time. So what am I going to do?!

Fortunately, over the last few months I have discovered that baked things go a long way, and cost so little to make. I made a butter cake two days ago (I will post that dead easy recipe very soon, promise) with a coffee icing out of stuff I already had in the pantry.

Consequently, on the menu for tomorrow is this dead easy peach slice (yes, I know it says muffins but, you know, no muffin pan) and pikelets which I will be serving with choices of toppings such as raspberry jam, honey and peanut butter. (Yes, peanut butter. If you haven't tried peanut butter on a pikelet you've never lived.)

Total cost of brunch: $0.50 for one peach which I bought yesterday on a whim. Yay.

Provided this slice thing works out, I'll post a pic later.

No comments:

Post a Comment